Current Open Positions
Tax Senior | Full-Time | Phoenix, AZ
At Price Kong, our core value is “creating opportunities for our team and clients to reach their full potential.”
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented tax professional to join our next generation of leaders. The tax senior will provide exceptional service to our clients and help advance the firm’s continued growth.
- Review federal and state corporate, individual, and trust tax returns, including multi-state
- Conduct extensive tax research to stay current and update team and clients on changes
- Apply foundational knowledge to understand and address potential tax issues
- Prepare internal memorandum, written correspondence, and other documents for submission to the IRS or various state agencies
- Conduct tax research for business and individual clients
- Secure client information and documentation
- Generate new business opportunities while effectively managing personal workload
- Work overtime throughout the year, particularly preceding and during months with tax deadlines
- Lead staff training, perform staff reviews, and evaluate staff work product
- Attend trainings on technical issues and tax law updates
- Help grow the firm, practice areas, and industry teams
- Interact with clients, referral sources, and other professionals
- Supervise staff and manage workflows
- Prepare and file tax returns
- Participate in tax planning
- Bachelor’s in accounting or other relevant field required
- Master’s in taxation preferred; Master’s in accounting beneficial
- 3+ years public accounting experience with a concentration in small business and individual taxation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- tax research databases, including BNA and RIA
- tax compliance process software, including GoFileRoom, Ultra Tax, Fixed Assets, and other related products
Excellent skills regarding:
- delegating work, when appropriate
- analytics, research, and critical thinking
- project management and client service
- leadership and coaching
- written and oral communication
- work ethic and professionalism
- attention to detail
Additional desired skills:
- Adept at recognizing issues and seeking leadership assistance with issues or problems related to compliance
- Self-starter with high energy and positive attitude who is able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Team-oriented and works well in a collaborative environment
Price Kong offers a competitive compensation package and benefits. If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact 602-776-6300 or [email protected].
Price Kong & Co., CPA’s, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
Tax Internship (Seasonal)
Price Kong will soon be looking to hire interns for the 2021 tax season. We are seeking enthusiastic students with great communications skills and attention to detail. This paid internship offers a flexible schedule and the potential for an offer to join the firm as a full-time employee.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Junior or Senior in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Accounting Major
- functions and procedures of a professional accounting firm
- Adhere to paperless office system by scanning and entering client data into tax system
- Understand the various IRS tax forms, ranging from simple to complex, including multi-state
- Learn and implement tax preparation processes and methodologies
- Perform additional tasks as requested and actively contribute to the efficiency of the tax department
- Enjoy the benefits of working with a close-knit firm, including daily catered meals during tax season!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact us at 602-776-6300 or [email protected]
Work for Price Kong
Your professional goals matter to us, and we provide our employees with access to all the resources traditionally reserved for larger firms in a conveniently located, spacious work environment equipped with the latest technology. Our ability to provide personal guidance to professionals as they develop combined with our ability to integrate a variety of backgrounds and skills into an effective team represent some of the reasons for our success and the successful careers of our staff.
Perhaps it appears that all accounting firms function essentially the same way. However, Price Kong operates very differently when it comes to our management philosophy and the relationship between staff, management, and our clients.
To understand what it’s like to work for Price Kong, you must understand how we treat our clients. Our relationship with our clients is built on concern for them as individuals as well as a business owner.
By joining Price Kong, you will have the opportunity to interact with clients and to feel a sense of accomplishment at being involved with engagements from start to finish. You will begin by being responsible for small projects and will develop your skills to accept responsibility for larger engagements.
We encourage the highest level of education possible and have provided our team with cutting-edge training, multiple industry expertise, and the resources necessary to help you achieve our clients’ goals.
Bottom line: The success of Price Kong is directly related to the caliber and attitude of the people associated with us. We don’t merely look for accountants to join our firm – we look for bright people who understand how to build strong relationships with co-workers and clients.
Our goal is to provide the best atmosphere possible in which our people can create, perform, and grow.
We look for people with the potential to achieve partner status, people with the capability of reasoning and understanding, who get personal satisfaction from helping others, and who have new ideas to bring the profession.
Much of our culture revolves around our community involvement with the Osborn School District, Price Kong Annual Charity Golf Tournament and Phoenix Lions Club to name a few.
Price Kong Life
We love to have fun! Tax and accounting firms have some of the toughest and hardest working employees out there. To help reward these hard workers, we routinely have fun parties and events to celebrate our successes.
Not only do we party in-house, we participate in fun outings such as mini golf, bowling, go-kart racing, and more!
We also have an annual trip, a highlight for every employee, that has taken us to Laughlin, Disneyland, Rio Rico, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Universal Studios and others, to reward our staff for a tax season well done.