Current positions available
Tax Season InternshipPrice Kong CPA, a growing CPA firm in central Phoenix, is seeking an enthusiastic accounting major in their junior or senior year at an accredited 4-year college or university. This paid, tax season internship offers a flexible schedule of hours/days and has the potential for advancement to a full-time employment position for the right candidate.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Learn and utilize office paperless system to scan and input client data into tax system
- Gain understanding of IRS tax forms, ranging from simple to complex, including multi-state
- Obtain knowledge of tax preparation processes and methodologies
- Learn the complex functions and procedures of a professional accounting firm
- Perform additional tasks to contribute to the efficiency of the functions of the tax department
- Enjoy the benefits of working with a close-knit firm, including daily catered meals during tax season!
Tax ManagerAt Price Kong CPA our core value is creating opportunities for our team and clients to reach their full potential. We are a growing firm that has been in operation for 50 years and is seeking the next generation of leaders. We are looking for outstanding new team members that will provide exceptional client service.
- Review of Federal and State corporate, individual and trust tax returns including multi-state
- Tax research for both corporate and individual clients
- Willingness to train staff, perform reviews and evaluate their work.
- Excellent project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a team setting and interact with professionals at all levels
- Superior client service focus.
- Possess a desire to grow the firm as well as the team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to supervise other seniors and staff while maintaining multiple client engagements.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to generate new business and extend service opportunities
- Prepare internal memorandum, written correspondence, and other documents for submission to the IRS or various state agencies
- 5-8 years public accounting experience with a concentration in small business and individual taxation
- In-depth understanding of federal and state tax codes- Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) tax and accounting software- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and reliability
- Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during certain business cycles
- Attend trainings on technical issues and tax law updates to disseminate to the team
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA license in good standing
We are a looking for a Senior Auditor to direct our auditing process. We’ll rely on you to ensure that our financial operations and controls meet standards and are error-free.
Our Senior Auditor must be meticulous and analytical, with deep knowledge of auditing practices. We expect you to be reliable, with strong organizational skills, as well as expertise in risk management and compliance, including:
- Overseeing and directing compliant and accurate auditing process
- Supervising and coaching staff auditors
- Ensuring efficiency of internal controls
- Plan and oversee the auditing process
- Allocate responsibilities to staff auditors
- Review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
- Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
- Coordinate periodical audits
- Proven experience as an auditor (3-7 years Public Accounting Experience)
- In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
- Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to perform audits in the medicinal marijuana industry
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Integrity and reliability
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; master’s degree and professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) are pluses
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact 602-776-6300.
Work for Price Kong
We’re DifferentPerhaps it appears that all accounting firms function essentially the same way. However, Price Kong operates very differently when it comes to our management philosophy and the relationship between staff, management, and our clients.
RelationshipsTo understand what it’s like to work for Price Kong, you must understand how we treat our clients. Our relationship with our clients is built on concern for them as individuals as well as a business owner.
OpportunityBy joining Price Kong, you will have the opportunity to interact with clients and to feel a sense of accomplishment at being involved with engagements from start to finish. You will begin by being responsible for small projects and will develop your skills to accept responsibility for larger engagements.
EducationWe encourage the highest level of education possible and have provided our team with cutting-edge training, multiple industry expertise, and the resources necessary to help you achieve our clients’ goals.
CultureBottom line: The success of Price Kong is directly related to the caliber and attitude of the people associated with us. We don’t merely look for accountants to join our firm – we look for bright people who understand how to build strong relationships with co-workers and clients. Our goal is to provide the best atmosphere possible in which our people can create, perform, and grow. We look for people with the potential to achieve partner status, people with the capability of reasoning and understanding, who get personal satisfaction from helping others, and who have new ideas to bring the profession. Much of our culture revolves around our community involvement with the Osborn School District, Price Kong Annual Charity Golf Tournament and Phoenix Lions Club to name a few.
Price Kong Life
We love to have fun! Tax and accounting firms have some of the toughest and hardest working employees out there. To help reward these hard workers, we routinely have fun parties and events to celebrate our successes.
Not only do we party in-house, we participate in fun outings such as mini golf, bowling, go-kart racing, and more!
We also have an annual trip, a highlight for every employee, that has taken us to Laughlin, Disneyland, Rio Rico, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Universal Studios and others, to reward our staff for a tax season well done.